In no particular order I am going to begin "Cozumel in Pictures"...
My buddy Demi, Olympic windsurfer who kicks serious ass. (I have adopted a new mantra: What would Demi do? Hahahahaha!) I did a core workout with her that saw my heart rate skyrocket to over 200 bpm. LMAO! This pic was taken at my birthday dinner. The big 37 spent in Cozumel!
Happy Birthday sung to me in Spanish! That is a first and I got a free dessert! FREE! (There was a time in my life when I registered 80 emails and then signed on to this website using all these "friends" as referrals so I could get a FREE fleece vest. I got 4 vests. Yes, I was one of THOSE people.) But the word "free" still excites me, I cannot lie. The same way that I simply MUST touch a sequined top in store. I'm drawn to it like a crow....Caw, caw, CAW!
The guy sitting next to my hottie is Demi's coach/boyfriend -- Adrien. The day after my birthday we went out for a 5 hour ride...I managed to stay with him for his warm up. Hahahah -- Then I pedaled like I was possessed. The gentleman that he was, he kept circling back for me. :) The COOLEST part of the ride was during loop #2 when he bunny-hopped a speed bump!
At that precise moment, I was eating some 'ride food' and I inhaled (while chewing and swallowing) and said, "That was AWESOME." I ended up choking and coughing and feeling like an idiot as I pedaled along, but I couldn't stop saying out loud, "That was so AWESOME." I want to learn how to do that!!
The dude can RIDE. Thanks for letting me tag along and push myself! :)
Ok, this is going backwards in time -- this was me before the bike race a couple of weeks ago. I could already feel the adrenaline kick in...LOL.
This pic makes me laugh -- my adrenaline had kicked right in and I was frigging poised to GO. Hahahahaha!
- A squeaky door hinge
- A dying hyena
- You have to wash your eggs before you crack them into the pan. They are fresh. :)
- Traffic does not stop and give you a little courtesy space like at home, they keep coming at you assuming you are going to go at the same speed -- so this means a car or scooter will inch right up as close as possible to turn into traffic IMMEDIATELY after you pass. LOL -- Takes a bit of getting used to!
- If you go pee in the bush, don't go far. Because you will invariably end up standing in an ant pile.
- I can still miss my turn on the only road that goes around the island.
- I need a new frigging saddle. I have landmines and an open war zone going on that no one should ever have to experience. (My friend Jenna once drew a detailed diagram of the typical saddle sore location...I emailed it to Coach Sara. LMAO.) Adamo here I come with open, loving arms.
- The good thing about not renting a car, is you have to bike everywhere. The bad thing about not renting a car is.....you have to ride everywhere.
- I have become quite proficient at cramming as many groceries as I can into a canvas shopping bag, doing some kind of ungodly backwards stretch that entails me getting each arm back and through the handles and then humping it on my back. (Always causes a few stares at the grocery stores. And reminds me of when I was in Grade 7 and the boys would tease the one girl in class with the big boobs, "Carla! I betcha can't touch your elbows behind your back!" Except in my case there really is nothing to see but a red face and grimace of concentration. LOL)