- I have FINALLY felt what it means to "catch" the water. Yes, you read that correctly...I have to admit, all that talk about "feeling the water," etc is not bull$hit! You really can feel it when you get it right. Go figure! LOL. Oddly enough, I first *got* the catch whilst doing lots and lots of backstroke. (Yes, I like to do things backwards. Hahahahahahaha!)
- I am running! And in a new jazzy pair of orthotics. :) :)
- Made up new nicknames for my two kitty cats: Mandalay and Peanut are now also known as 100G and P-Dog. LMAO!! This delights me to no end. Even better -- when I called my Mom and told her the new nicknames and she responded, "But Peanut is a cat." HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Awesome!! (100G is because Mandalay weighed in at the vet's 100 grams more than last time. I still think I was soooo clever to think of this. Hahaha!)
- I almost sliced the top of my thumb off when I chose not to use the safety device when cutting yam chips on the mandolin. (Why do I need to use the safety, how bad could it be....OW!! Holy CRAP.) Then, I went to emergency and learned that stitches were not an option, so I walked out of the hospital with a couple of bandaids wrapped around my thumb. Yes...I went to emergency to get a bandaid put on my thumb. I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE! (Insert extreme embarassment and red face here.)
- I now wrap my thumb in saran wrap and pink duct tape so I can continue to swim...Yes, I was a sight to see at the pool this morning.
- Found my new go-to daily web site: www.cuteoverload.com. ***Warning. Extreme cute pics and videos of puppies, kittens, deer, jumping lambs (YES, jumping and leaping LAMBS! SO FRIGGING CUTE! Hahahaha!), and all other manner of creatures large and small.**** Seriously, the world can use more light-hearted images and major cuteness.
- I found this recipe on the internet and it is very, very good. I mean very effing good. You have got to try it:
enough and it worked out awesome.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 TBSP Cocoa powder (I just eyeballed it)
1 TBSP maple syrup
2 TBSP shredded coconut
1/4 cup almonds chopped up fine (I threw them in a blender)
Scoop out a bunch of coconut oil and melt it in a pot. Whisk in vanilla, cocoa, maple syrup until completely dissolved. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into pan lined with parchment and tilt pan to let the runny mixture coat it. Place in freezer and wait 15 minutes. OMG ----- SO GOOD. Snap off desired size of piece and enter a blissful realm of delciousness. (Credit for this recipe: www.realfoodliving.com/recipes/coconut-bark-almond-joy)
- I eat more than other people do on long bike rides. I was at a spin class a few weeks ago -- (3 hour and 40 minute ride) and I went through a number of bananas and Welch's gummies. There was a woman who competes on the national bike team who was spinning just behind me. After I don't know how many bananas, she asked me, "Your stomach can handle that many bananas?" Yes Ma'am, my stomach can handle all that and even more! Hahahahahaah!