Sunday, March 8, 2009

Random thoughts...

Training is going very well! My coach provided me some valuable insight to my running form -- mainly that I run like a turkey, so I now know exactly WHAT I have to do to correct that. Namely, not run like a turkey. It's sort of like swimming -- when I am in the zone, it feels effortless. When I think too much about it, I slip out of the zone. :) :)



And what do you suppose this picture is? Hmmmm??? I went to Costco and bought this big honking bag of baby carrots, only to discover the biggest baby carrot ever! Hahahahahahaha!! Yes, this is the most excitement I have with my clothes on these days! LOL!!!!!!!

I have a new countdown beginning...We will be going to the big island in a couple of weeks!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I can't wait to get some more biking in --- and I still can't get over that there is a FREE PUBLIC POOL! Mike is going to snorkel day in and day out, and my coach has told me that there is a paved road (Saddle Road) that is like Mt. Lemmon. I Can't WAIT to sweat all over Hawaii!!! Hee-hee!!!

I really can't wait to run outside too, without having to layer up with 4 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, toque, ear warmers, and balaclava. I think I just might bliss out. :) :) :)

11 comments:

Keith said...

Fastest damn turkey I ever saw. Maybe you have an oyster you don't know about.

I saw your photo before coffee, and before cleaning my glasses. Good thing it was before brain function too.

Sigh. Everybody is going somewhere warm. It snowed big time last night, windy, and cold. Sigh. I almost don't know to say you'd better post photos (and there *ARE* internet cafe's there), or that you'd better not post photos because we'll die of envy. But really, hope you have a wonderful time!

Jenna said...

well if you are going to bliss out...make sure you take the big carrot with you :)

Have fun in hawaii... whooo hoo. That will be an adventure i am sure. Make sure you take lots of photos (or get Mike to take some...he is good at that!) and yes, you need to blog at some point.

Julie said...

hahahahaha!!!!! Very subtle reference to the Sperm, my friend...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Browne said...

not sure what to say about the carrots but i am sure you can guess what i want to say.....what is this about a sperm???.....and it is not that i do not love you jules but i may have a hard time liking you if it continues to be -80 here while you travel to warmer climes!!!!! lmao

Susi said...

i just HAD to see what jen was going to write... LOL. have a brilliant time in hawaii!! feel free to pack me in your luggage. i swear i won't take up much room!!

Julie said...

Chuck -- Ask Jenna. I give her permission to let you in on the secret...LMAO!!!!!!

runningman said...

You're going to Hawaii too?!?!?!? Oh well have a blast!

Amber Dawn said...

Have an awesome trip! You are really living the life of a pro this year, I can't wait to see you race!

Aloha!

Charlie Browne said...

OK, cant believe mike made you do that!!!! or that you actually did it!!!

Julie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I know!! I am such a DORK!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Amy said...

That is a big a$$ carrot. Ha. I am so excited for you - Hawaii sounds divine right now!