Monday, February 15, 2010

Lookie what I found in the ditch!


Hee-hee!!!!!

I was headed back from my long run this morning....about 8km left to go when I spied this little treasure on the side of the ditch. The bottom plastic bit is broken, so someone lost their car flag.

Don't worry little car flag -- I was meant to find you!! Hee-hee!!

The weather was turning crappy, and my legs and feet were sore, when I saw this flag...

I didn't even hesitate -- I scooted over, picked it up and ran the rest of the way home along the highway with it. Hahahahahaha!!

It was so awesome -- I had a few cars honk at me and a bunch of people wave. LOL!!!! When someone would wave/honk, I'd raise my flag and wave it around. I didn't mind the wind at all today --- the wind made my little flag blow!!! :) :) :) :) :)

7 comments:

Jenna said...

i wonder how many peeps thought you were a lost olympic torch person... or how long you ran with the damn flag?? LOL

Keith said...

That must have made your day!

They weren't honking at the flag, they were honking at YOU, saying to themselves, "there she is running in the ditch like a lunatic, but she's OUR lunatic."

Anonymous said...

I have found so much stuff in the ditch while running or biking.I have a shoe box full of kids toys,which is all I collect now.Nice Blog.

Cath said...

COOL! And Keith you're so right - Julie is OUR lunatic and that's why we love you soooo much :) xxxxx

Susi said...

that is so awesome!!!! yes, you were meant to find it and hold it high for all to see!!! i can picture it now.

Anonymous said...

Go back into my posts from dec & watch the rollers video if you are interested in trying them out, then let me know what ya think?...later,cam

Amy said...

You are adorable. I bet most people would have just ran right by it. Instead, you pick it up and carry it with pride. so fun.