Saturday, October 4, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Whew! What a week! With my store closing down, I've been crazy busy. Everything is 40% off and the sales have been NUTS. I've also been selling various racks, displays, and shelving -- Jenna was the one who discovered I actually made another blog to help sell my shelving. Hee-hee!

Things are moving along a lot more quickly then I expected-- we might be able to get out of there sometime in October if all goes well. My lease ends Nov. 30, and I already have the rent covered -- but the way things are clearing out of the store -- an October end date is possible. Yesterday, I sold ALL 51 feet of Ikea wooden shelving that fronts the store. AWESOME!!!!

Apart from training, which I will quickly touch on in a moment, a number of other random events are listed to entertain you...

1. I got SOOOO excited watching the leader's debate. I was up off the couch cheering and yelling. I still can't believe I derived quite that much enjoyment from watching it! LOL! I am officially an OLD FART!!!! The highlights of the night (for me) were:

* Gilles Duceppe's quip about how he wasn't going to win the election and three others aren't either -- they just don't know it yet! HAHAHAHAHA!!

* Harper's smackdown of Dion in the first few seconds of the English debate.

* Dion giving the WRONG website address to his party's green shift policy. For those of you who have not heard about this debacle...here goes. Green Shift is an established and trademarked company in existence long before the Liberal Party formulated their policy. The woman who runs the company has received legal threats and innuendo from various Liberal party members urging her to abandon her company's name and threatening legal action. She cited instance after instance of Liberal newspaper ads, radio ads, and the like all erroneously citing HER site as the site to go to to learn more information about their policy. A gong show!!! LOVE IT!!!

2. I got a new hair dude -- a darker Julie has emerged for the fall season. heh-heh-heh. At the salon, my hairdresser told me of a prank she played on her nieces. She always sews them a special piece of clothing every year, and this year asked them to measure two things...

They had to measure the diameter of their belly button and compare it to the diameter of their nipple. If there was any discrepancy in measurements, they would have to go to the doctor ASAP. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This has also caused me no end of enjoyment! LOL!!!

3. I decided to take Susi's advice and not talk assertively to the scaredy cows. I put on my cute little girly-girl voice and said, "Hi there little cowsie wowsies. You guys are so good. Oh look at you." And the stupid things just sat there blinking at me. I thought to myself, "You have GOT to be kidding me!" The voice worked for the first batch of cows, but I'm sorry to say it didn't work for the second set of cows. There were just as terrified as usual. Could it have been they sensed my eyes rolling because of the girly-girl voice? Heh-heh-heh!

I often wonder if a cow has ever died while sprinting away in fear. I'll see a cow's rump just a boppin' down the road in front of me, and then it will LEAP off the side of the road and down the mountain. They are like mountain goats!!

Onto to training...

Looks like I'll be working out 7 days a week! :):) And I've been mountain biking instead of road biking. Tomorrow my workout calls for some over gear work --- mountain biking in harder gears than usual! YAY!!

My swimming workout of Friday was the hardest session I have ever done. Really, I am not exaggerating. My swimming has been coined, "The Journey of the Eternal Plodder." I can go forever at the same pace, and it takes a lot to shake me out of it. And no Chuck, I am not being a pervert. LOL!!!! I had to do all these kicking sprints and then other sprints -- yesterday was the first time ever that I felt like vomiting from the sheer exertion of swimming hard. That's a good thing, right? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sorry about the lack of posting -- when the store is finally closed, you all will be getting more than you bargained for!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

8 comments:

Charlie Browne said...

Hey julie, sounds like the closing down is going great....and it is always nice to hear one can go longer at the same hard pace!!

Bryan said...

What happened to the store?? Where will the People of the Pass get that stuff tht turns their campfires green???

Julie said...

Hahaha -- Bryan! It's funny you should mention that! We are placing one final order for anyone who wants their Fantasy Fire...

:) :) How's the train-life?

Keith said...

What are you going to do when you're free of the store?

Cath said...

More than you bargained for - was that a pun for the bargain store - if so, I think it's very funny! :)

I can't believe the store's nearly gone - and when you close the door for the last time we'll have a cheer on this side of the atlantic too! It's been a part of your life, but now it's time for the next part....

feeling like vomitting eh?! Yes, I've been there many a time - welcome to the club! It'll make such a difference to you. SOunds like you're having a great time with it and that she's really mixing it up for you - bet if feels great eh?

Chat soon, love and hugs from us two xxxx

Shannon Wicks said...

Any plans on what is next when the store closes?

Julie said...

9 years ago, I had no idea I was even going to open a store -- I had literally NO retail experience, had no idea about running a business, etc. It sort of just happened.

For now, I am going to clean the basement that has 8 years of crap in it, and then do Mike's books. I'm excited to see what life is going to bring next...

Change is in the air -- I have no idea what direction my life will take now, but I know with every fiber of my being that I am about to embark on an even greater journey than what the business provided.

If all else fails, my accountant told me I had such a good personality I could be a wall-mart greeter...Hahahaha!! Yes, it was supposed to be a compliment (I think, LOL!), but believe me, I would rather shoot myself in the head than be a Wally-World greeter.

;)

runningman said...

Love the pun Julie, if it was supposed to be one. :)