Thursday, May 21, 2009

Greetings from Victoria!

Hey all!

I'm in Victoria in full taper-mode and loving every minute of it!! The drive was long but very worth it. :) :)

I've had some great swimming critiques already --it seems that my Phoebe-esque running disappeared only to reappear in my swimming...LOL!!!

Tomorrow will be video day -- so I can really see just what I am doing --but I tell you, just the critique I received today made an impact. It's funny, every time I get an assessment, it's like I have to learn how to swim all over again. Hahaha -- But I am NOT complaining!! :) :) :)

What is so exciting is that I couldn't go any faster with what I was doing, and I knew I was doing something wrong, but didn't quite know how to fix it. :)

Time for supper!

11 comments:

Charlie Browne said...

lol....just when you think it ain't so bad it is....the beauty of the pool!! you rock!

Jenna said...

:) enjoy it all Julie!!

Keith said...

I know that getting videoed while swimming would be a great thing to see what needs improving. But I can just imagine how horrified I'd be.

And unless your stroke has totally fallen to bits, "Phoebe-esque" is the last word I'd use to describe it.

Have a great time out there and I'll be cheering for you!

Amy said...

Glad they fixed your stroke. Have a fun weekend!

Susi said...

have an awesome time out there and rock that course!! look forward to hearing all the stories. xoxo

Coach Sara said...

Now if you would only stop worrying about your ass, and start focusing on your catch! LOL

Keith said...

But, it's such a nice ass. Oops, did I say that out loud???

Julie said...

Keith -- hahahahaha!! I was pretty pumped about my tightening rear when I compared my swimming video footage from December with the video footage from this week.

I couldn't take my eyes off my bum while watching the video. I had to watch it a few more times before I could concentrate on looking at my stroke -- Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Cath said...

Have fun and go show 'em what you can do :) My race is down, and it's going to be a fab weekend for both of us, i can feel it in my bones!

Niko said...

Have a super race Julie!! Go hard!

Nick

Keith said...

Who else is dying of suspense here? Or curiosity? We burn to know, Julie!