Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Of Jellybeans, Wrinkles, and Crib

After Sunday's race, I treated myself to a Coke slushie from Mac's on the drive home. :) :) My parents took me out to eat at Montana's, and while it was a great idea at the time, my body started to protest about 30 minutes after. I think the adrenaline finally wore off, and I crashed and felt terrible. I stopped the car on the way home to dig out another electrolyte pill, and wouldn't you know, that fixed me up! I HAVE to remember that! :) :)

Recovery consisted of: Playing Crib with my Mom and Dad and hearing my Mom call my Dad "Jellybean" for some unknown reason. Hahahaha!! The next day, when I was over at my parents' house, my Mom was all giddy and excited...She said, "Look! Your father got his wrinkles sunburned!" Then, she walked up to my poor Dad and smoothed the wrinkles on his forehead with her hands to illustrate her point. Indeed -- he had little white lines indicating where the sun tanned his wrinkles instead.

Oh man, my Mom is a total nutbar, and the scary thing is, is that it is my genetic destiny to become her!! LOL!!!!

Nothing else interesting apart from swimming, biking, and running...

:) :) :)

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Destiny.... is a funny thing!!!

Keith said...

What do you mean, nothing else of much interest??? You're one of those people that are full of interesting things!

A coke sushie? Geez, there's enough sugar in those to send a person into orbit.

Amy said...

Maybe your dad needs botox. KIDDING! I love wrinkles too. Funny post and good to know about the electrolyte pill. Who would have thought?

Kelly B. said...

Ain't nothin better than a slushie after a hard days work...we live about a block from a Mac's store...need I say anymore??!! I have my kids addicted as well...we try (try) to limit to one a week...

KK said...

Cute story, esp the Jellybean part.

Good tip with the electrolyte, too.

Race? What race? Need to go back and read about your race. :)