- One only plays certain DVDs -- don't know why, so I bought another one.
- One had to be propped up in a special way, usually with a DVD case underneath it to give it just the right tilt.
- The same one only responded to Mike's loving touch.
- Our newest one also likes Mike more than me --I will push buttons on the remote and the machine and nothing will happen. Mike waltzes by and it promptly works! He looks at me like I am crazy!!
- One just stopped working -- and it was more expensive than a WalMart special.
Fortunately, I do have a combo VHS/DVD player -- and guess what? The DVD side doesn't work anymore!!!! I have combed through multiple garage sales and accepted VHS tape donations from my sister who "updated" to a DVD player. I have quite the selection in my VHS library -- I just wish I could update it with newer movies. I've watched all of them many, many times - and you can't buy VHS tapes anymore. :(
For those of you who enjoy the technological superiority of a DVD player -- all the power to ya! However, give me a good old VCR any day!!!! LOL!!!!
Onto the workouts for today: Weights in the morning. Then I had a doctor's appointment . . . with Dr. Oetker that is!! HAHAHAHA!! I made some brownies and they were really, really good! Then I had a brick workout -- 1 hour 40 min. bike: warm up, one legged drills, cadence pyramid work, then more cadence work. Then a 30 min. run of 3 miles.
:) :) :) :)