Sunday, February 24, 2008

Long Run Sunday

I LOVE my long runs on Sunday. I mean I really, really love them! I get so excited about my weekly long run, I have trouble getting to sleep -- just like pre-race jitters. I lay out my running clothes the night before, and get my water bottles ready and set by the door. I get up every hour (it seems) to pee and I make sure to keep drinking throughout the night. It's so funny -- but I look so forward to my Sunday long run. It's like my treat at the end of the week -- my body gets stronger, I can run further and further!

I am falling in love with running long distances. Today, I ran 17 miles. I was thinking to myself: You know, only 9.2 more miles and I would have run a marathon. What's 9 miles? 6 miles is my regular 10K run, and after that it is only 3 more miles. There are many times when I am running, I just want to keep going! I don't know, the way I am headed, there might be an ultra race in my cards maybe next year or so? Hmmmm.

I do need to update my iPod playlist -- any suggestions? Here are a number of tried and true songs off mine:

  1. Hands Clean - Alanis Morisette
  2. Ray of Light - Madonna
  3. Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones
  4. Sinnerman - Nina Simone remix
  5. Soar - Christina Aguilera
  6. Stronger - Kanye West
  7. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
  8. Sweet Dreams - Tori Amos
  9. Closer to Fine- Indigo Girls
  10. Bright Lights - Matchbox 20

5 comments:

kelsey said...

ahh so your who Greg's talking about in Crowsnest! As for music you gave me a great idea for a post. stay tuned!

Cath said...

For the first time in my life I got the running thing recently - up until now, it's always been really hard! Tonight I had an easy 40min run, now easy and running were two words of the opposite extremes - but nowadays, it's really quite relaxing - scary!

But what's even more scary - "who knows there might be an ultra race" - does Mike know about this......:)

I know a song you could have "Keep on running" by the Spencer Davis Group - here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6LVI1gDswg
:)

Charlie Browne said...

hey was creeping on your blog via Jenn's. not sure what your music limits are but here are a few possibilites:

Don't fear the reaper> Blue oyster cult
Born to run> Bruce springstein
Stage fright> The band
Pissing in a river> Patti smith
You ain't seen nothing yet> Bto
Up on cripple creek> the band

Oh nice dogs and great pics!

Keith said...

Hmmm. The only one of those singers I've heard of is Madonna. Did she ever do anything after "Like a Virgin"? So sorry, I can't help you, unless you're interested in music probably older than you are.

Julie said...

Thanks for the suggestions! Even my favourite songs get a little tired after a while.