Monday, February 18, 2008

"Family Day" in Kalispell!

Today for Alberta's Family Day, me and my Mom drove down to Kalispell, Montana and did some shopping. I was on a mission to find some spandex running bottoms to eliminate my chafing problem and I ended up buying 2 pairs of capris and 2 pairs of shorts. You gotta love the sizing in the US -- here my size is always a medium -- there I am a small or extra small.

I woke up early to get a 4 mile run in and then some core work. I am now up to 2 min. 10 sec in plank, and 40 sec on both right and left side for side plank!! Yippee! I can't wait until I get past a minute for the side plank. I missed my swim, but that's OK!

As for shopping in Kalispell -- anyone that knows me, knows I am a clothes fiend and will be stunned to hear that I spent an all time low in the States today . . . Drumroll, please . . . Only $180.24!!!! And the money was spent on things I actually needed -- biodegradable kitty litter liners, a pair of polarized driving sunglasses that fit over your glasses, etc. (Well, Ok not things I REALLY needed, but a marked improvement over more shirts, tanks, and jeans!) This is for you Cath -- I was quite "chuffed" with myself!

Diva has had a nose bleed since Thursday night -- why do these things always happen on a long weekend?? She has been snorting every once in a while and a spray of blood and little clots will spurt out. The snow in the front lawn looks like a crime scene - sorry about the gross factor, but it is true. Her eyes are really red and I have been watching her closely. When I came home tonight, her eyes were tearing and when I wiped them, it was blood!! I called my vet, who is also a very good friend and after ascertaining that Diva was still acting normal (the usual happy puppy), she rescheduled her appointments so I can bring Diva in tomorrow at 8:30am. Diva is just as frisky and playful as normal, but I was on the verge of a mini-meltdown when I wiped the blood from her eye.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

1 comment:

Cath said...

And "chuffed" you should be - we must go shopping together - I'm really not very good at it!

Hey, fingers and toes crossed for Diva - but you know, she'll be just fine, I can feel it in my bones! Especially if she's jumping and running around as ever......let us know as soon as you know though!
x