Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Official -- Ankle is A-OK!

I went to my doctor this morning after much prodding by family and friends to see about my ankle. The x-rays were good and the doc says I'll be good to go in about a week. In the meantime I got the go ahead to bike all I wanted. Yay!! I pumped my fist through the air! I was so excited, I drove home and did my bike workout and loved every minute of it. :) :) :) :)

As the day progressed, I have felt my ankle healing by the minute -- it even started to itch a little. I have to take care of the bod!! :) :)

In other training news... today was to be my rescheduled 1500m timed swim -- you will NEVER believe what happened. I warmed up, and despite not being able to really kick, I decided I was going to do this and time it, and then blog about it. I started my watch and swam like a dingbat -- only to discover 75 laps later that my watch hadn't started. I can't even believe it!!! I was so disappointed when I went to stop the time and realized it hadn't even started -- :(Oh well, next time I will make darn sure...

Core work at the gym, and I substituted side planks for the standing jumps. All is good, and the core is getting stronger. Yippeeee!! Today ended up being so sunny and warm -- I can't wait for summer. And next week when I can start running again!!! :) :) :) :)

6 comments:

Charlie Browne said...

Oh i think your watch started....you were just swimming to fast!!

Jenna said...

you two and CLOCKS!!!

Keith said...

Who builds a 20 m pool? That sux about the watch though. I've done it once. Glad to hear the ankle is better!

kelsey said...

Maybe you were swimming faster then the speed of sound and the watch just simply couldn't keep up!

Be kind to that ankle! Lots and lots of TLC

Alan Keller said...

Good to hear about the ankle! Murphy's Law with the clock though...just when you really want it badly enough and you get ticked off and have to say "Serenity, Now!"

Shannon Wicks said...

Good to hear things are gonna turn out OK with your ankle.